Saturday, February 28, 2009

So . . .

I am being "let go" from my job, like so many others right now. That was the result on my Thursday meeting. I get to keep my job until April 30(unless I find something else before then), when my contract expires, and I was informed that it was not at all performance related, but as part of the restructing mandates from the governmental automotive panel, all employees at my branch of the company with less than 3 years or more than 40 are being let go (Thanks, Mr. President. Still love you, McCain and Palin!).

So I'm going with my "back-up" plan: I had already applied to a PhD program, and had been struggling to decide whether to work full time or to start my PhD in fall. I have praying hard for guidance on what decision to make, and He answered me, if not in the way I expected. I'd like to find a job for the summer, maybe to start in April, so I've sent resumes to alot of places closer to campus.

Wish me luck!


  1. So sorry to hear about your job. I do wish you lots of luck...

  2. So sorry to hear this! :(
    I'm glad you had a quasi back-up plan in place and I am really hoping it works out!!

  3. I'm so sorry! :( This is such a bad time for America. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. What are you thinking of getting your PhD in?