Saturday, February 28, 2009
So I'm going with my "back-up" plan: I had already applied to a PhD program, and had been struggling to decide whether to work full time or to start my PhD in fall. I have praying hard for guidance on what decision to make, and He answered me, if not in the way I expected. I'd like to find a job for the summer, maybe to start in April, so I've sent resumes to alot of places closer to campus.
Wish me luck!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
This is the cake table, complete with our maternal grandmother's candleabras and a circa 1914 punch bowl that is used at every wedding in our family.
One view of the guests - we had more than 30 guests, which just seems crazy to me. I have a huge extended family, and most of them were in attendance, as were of my mom's sorority sisters from way back.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
I have some exciting news - I got the prints of my engagement pictures in the mail today, and should have them framed, hung, and ready to show off tomorrow. I usually don't like the way I look in pictures, but these turned out really nice. Any suggestions on ways to display engagement photos at a wedding? We're using a photo mat for a guest book, but any other ways would be appreciated, too!
Once I get the house clean(does anyone else seem to have a constantly dirty house?) and all the shower presents put away, I'll let you all see what my work in progress house looks like. Maybe we could start a share-a-room series, to see how creative all you are as decorators - what do you think?
Have a nice evening, loves! I'm heading home to go to bed.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
4. A not-too-short Madras skirt
5. Green polo
6. New presciption eyeglasses
Friday, February 20, 2009
1. I wear opened toed shoes and sandals all year, even in the snow. I've done it so much that my feet don't even get cold anymore
2. Mister Indiana proposed on Christmas Eve, 2008, so we're planning the whole wedding in about 3 months.
3. If I could have any job in the world, I'd really like to be a QVC host. You get to dress up every day, have hair and makeup done for you, and meet all sorts of people.
4. I have a huge Vera Bradley collection, at least 30 pieces. It's a local company, and has been trendy here since the late 90s, so I've been getting things from them for a long time. My all time favorite patterns are the long-retired Watercolors and Mason Blue, though I'm jonesing for the new Hope Garden.
5. My Saturday mornings always follow the same pattern: wake up, shower, gym, grocery store, tan, go home, bathe the dogs, start laundry. I love having such a simple, nice routine - I wish every day could go so according to schedule.
6. I picked out my wedding dress in half an hour. It was fourth one I tried on, and liked how simple. elegant, and comfy it was. I'm large chested, and the halter on the dress eliminates the need for tricky undergarments or the risk of flashing family members.
7. CoCo has bandannas for every occasion - holidays, football game days, seasons. She will stand by the "doggie cabinet" and beg until I put one on her, she likes them so much.
This was fun!! I tag:
The Magic Risotto Diaries
Prep in the Big Apple
Nautical by Nature
Hope everyone is having a good day!
Images from Lilly, Kate Spade, National Photo Archives, US Weekly, Nordstroms, J Crew, RL, Girly Twirly, and Flckr.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Monday, February 16, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
And by the way, anyone else have a disapointed mister in their house because the Daytona 500 was rained out?
Saturday, February 14, 2009
I want to share a reading with you all, one that has a special meaning for us, and that I hope you enjoy.
Friday, February 13, 2009
We'll start with a favorite movie character of mine, Cathy Whitaker, played by Julianne Moore in Far From Heaven. I could talk for days about how much I love the cinematography and the palpable chemistry in the film, but today I'll stick to how fab her wardrobe is.
For all you ladies that live in rural areas, be careful - deer are everywhere right now!
Thursday, February 12, 2009
The Mister is a mechanical engineer and music lover, plays guitar, and is a fanatic about his cars. We met while I was interning at the company he (and my daddy) work for, and got engaged on Christmas Eve, 2008. Our wedding is this March, and is a preppy, polka dot, red and aqua luncheon.
Our two babies are his jack russel terrier, Buddy, and my mini schnauzer, CoCo Chanel. I'm excited to share my stories with you, and hope you enjoy!
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
have a happy and preppy day, ladies!
Monday, February 9, 2009
buddy, one of my babies, as a puppy!