Monday, February 23, 2009

My Weekend

It went by so quickly! I had my bridal shower yesterday - I'll post some pics when I get home. It was so much fun, and we got tons of wonderful presents. I spent all day Saturday cleaning, because mister indiana's parents, grandma, and nephews were coming done for the shower, and I don't like for them to see a messy house. His parents live about 3 hours away, and mister is not close with them, so we only see them four or five times a year. It was the first time my parents had met his parents, and to say it was akward is a huge understatement.

My dad grew up in the south, and, with only a high school education, worked his was up from an hourly machine operator to upper-level management at a large tool and die company. He is recently retired, and splits his time between farming (which he did while he worked 60 hours a week, too), making custom furniture, and volunteering as a math tutor for elementary school children. He is a southern gentleman, and I am a huge Daddy's girl to say the least. Mister Indiana's dad is a laid-back, tie-dyed t-shirt wearing, proud user of certain "substances," who says things like "righteous," and "far out." The two men and mister spent the whole afternoon together yesterday, and I'm sure it was a unique situation.

All in all, I'm not saying that I dislike his parents - they have always been very nice to me. But they just seem so different, maybe because we don't see them often enough for me to get to know them. Anyone have future-in-law stories, or can offer some insight on this?

Since it's Monday, and I'm stuck at work awfully early, I thought a puppy picture would be a good way to wish you all good morning. Hope everyone's weekend went well.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm a new reader...and so excited to find another Indiana blogger! I just got married a few months ago - aren't bridal showers so much fun! I can definitely attest to the awkwardness of parental meeting. My parents and my in-laws didn't meet and spend time together til two days before the wedding! There are so many awkward parts of a wedding that you just never think about until they happen. Still fun though! :)

    ReplyDelete